(Sri Nandanandana dasa)
And His Books on Vedic Culture, Eastern Philosophy and Spirituality
An Introduction to the Highest Levels of Spiritual Reality
This has become a huge site with lots of information for the promotion of personal and social spiritual development, especially by using the Vedic path. This site has something for everyone interested in Spiritual Enlightenment, Eastern Philosophy, the Vedas, Vedic Culture, Yoga, Hinduism, reincarnation, or life after death. It also deals with traveling to the holy places of India, the science of the soul, understanding God, vegetarianism, global peace, and much more.
For List of Books and Complete Site Description: Scroll Down
|Reviews about this Website|
|Articles to Read|
|Seeing Spiritual India Photo Gallery|
|Kumbha Mela, 2001|
The Photographic Evidence
|Directories of Temples Around the World|
|Vegetarian Recipes and Resources|
|A Little Book of Prayers, Mantras & Gayatris|
|Recent Archeological Finds Confirming Vedic History|
If you like this site and the work being done, here is
Here you can find information on the books by the writer, author, philosopher, spiritual practitioner, traveler, photographer, and lecturer Stephen Knapp. He has continuously worked to help spread the profound and genuine spiritual knowledge in the Vedic philosophy in a way so that anyone from anywhere can understand and take advantage of it. There is a large amount of free information on this site, including numerous articles that will easily and quickly help provide a look into the deeper levels of wisdom and understanding that are available, especially through the ancient spiritual science of the Vedic tradition of India, called Sanatana-dharma. You can also get the insights and knowledge for you to better understand who you are, your spiritual identity, and the real purpose of life from a spiritual point of view. There are also small E-books on Vedic spirituality that can be read online or downloaded onto your computer and freely distributed to others. The deeper aspects of this knowledge is supplied in his bigger books and published at a cost, but many of these are also sold less expensively as E-books. Many additional resources for your spiritual knowledge and development are also supplied on this site. This is an attempt to allow this knowledge to flow as freely as possible for the well-being of people everywhere. Scroll down to find out more.
The main purpose of Stephen's work is to offer simple yet accurate ways and explanations to comprehend the lofty insights found within the spiritual philosophy and Vedic culture of India, which has much to offer humanity. So far his intention seems to be working. One of his readers wrote, "You have a rare gift in explaining the complexities of the Infinite and Incomprehensible in attractive words." C. K., from Australia, May 5, 2001.
Many other letters are received on a regular basis that relate similar sentiments, such as the following: "Dear Sir, Some days back I chanced on your website whilst browsing the internet. May I tell you that you are doing a lot more for Hinduism than a born Brahmin Hindu like myself is doing. Thank you. I am a Tamil Brahmin Iyengar from Chennai. Your website is a real reminder/eye opener. Thanks and best regards, K. G." 6/5/2003
Or this one which relates a blessing: "I have become a great fan of yours. I consider you as a rebirth of Swami Vivekananda who has come to save the Vedic way of life. May Vishnu shower His abundant blessings on you!! Thank You! Yours faithfully, Balaji." 9/9/2008
This website contains a huge amount of information that is now easily available at your fingertips, and it is always expanding. But Stephen's books contain much more and go deeper into the topics found on this site for explaining this spiritual knowledge and the process for spiritual development, and the importance of Vedic culture for the progress of humanity. Be sure to check them out. The full details and contents of which, and how to order them, can be viewed by clicking on the titles below:
Among the books he has written are the following:
(Click on the book titles below for full details and contents, ordering information & individual cover photos)
(1) The Secret Teachings of the Vedas, The Eastern Answers to the Mysteries of Life, is an in-depth introduction to the Vedic philosophy and the topmost spiritual knowledge available to humanity.
(2) The Universal Path to Enlightenment, an analysis of the major world religions and the spiritual path most recommended for this age.
(3) The Vedic Prophecies: A New Look into the Future, Newly Updated & Expanded as of March 2011 with much additional material, This provides a look at what the major Puranas say will happen in the future, some of which is already happening.
(4) How the Universe was Created and Our Purpose In It, a detailed description of the Vedic version of the creation of the material universes and life within.
(5) Toward World Peace: Seeing the Unity Between Us All, a much needed spiritual message for the present times. This is so important that I have added an ebook edition to this website for free reading and distribution. To read it now online, click here [Toward World Peace E-book].
(6) Facing Death: Welcoming the Afterlife, provides a look at the way death helps us reach our destiny, that it is not a tragedy, and how to view it and use it spiritually to relieve us of the fear of it.
(7) Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence, said by many to be a must read, offering a view of world history and the importance of the Vedic influence that most books leave out.
(8) The Key to Real Happiness, offers the means to attain one of the prime goals of life, genuine happiness. This book and its easy to understand information will show you how to experience real happiness and joy, and reach the spiritual level, the platform of the soul, beyond the temporary nature of the mind and body.
(9) Reincarnation and Karma: How They Really Affect Us. This is a short but easy-to-understand and thorough guide in comprehending this complex but basic level of spiritual understanding. For all who wish to learn how their actions affect their future and to determine their own eternal destiny.
(10) The Eleventh Commandment: The Next Step for Social Spiritual Development. Based on the Universal Spiritual Truths, or the deeper levels of spiritual understanding, this book presents a new code in a completely nonsectarian way to bring humanity to a higher level of spiritual consciousness that can impact all aspects of our life.
(11) The Heart of Hinduism: The Eastern Path to Freedom, Empowerment and Illumination. This is a definitive and easy to understand guide to the essential as well as devotional heart of the Vedic/Hindu philosophy. This is a complete course in all of its philosophy and meanings that allows you to see and easily put into practice the depths of its wisdom and insights that are contained within this profound spiritual knowledge.
(16) Crimes Against India and the Need to Protect its Ancient Vedic Traditions. 1000 Years of Attacks Against Hinduism and What to do About it. This book explains the real history of India, and the many invasions and atrocities against it, its people and its culture that have been, and continue to be committed by many invading forces. Also contains action plans and ideas on carrying out ways to promote the profound and dynamic nature of real Vedic culture and how to protect and preserve it if we are going to provide a future for it through the generations to come.
(17) Yoga and Meditation: Their Real Purpose and How to Get Started This book explains the benefits of yoga, The real purpose of yoga, The types of yoga, such as Hatha yoga, Karma yoga, Raja and Astanga yogas, Kundalini yoga, Bhakti yoga, Mudra yoga, Mantra yoga, and others; The Chakras and Koshas; Asanas and postures, and the Surya Namaskar; Pranayama and breathing techniques for inner changes; Deep meditation and how to proceed; The methods for using mantras, Attaining spiritual enlightenment, and much more.
(18) Avatars, Gods and Goddesses of Vedic Culture, Understanding the Characteristics, Powers and Positions of the Hindu Divinities. This describes the various aspects, symbols, weapons, physical attributes, and some of the legends of the various Divinities of the Vedic tradition. Includes Lord Krishna, Vishnu, Their main avatars and expansions, along with Brahma, Shiva, Ganesh, Murugan, Surya, Hanuman, as well as the goddesses of Sri Radha, Durga, Sarasvati, Lakshmi, and others.
(19) The Soul: Understanding Our Real Identity. The Key to Spiritual Awakening. Short and to the point, this book provides a summarization of the most essential spiritual knowledge of the pre-eminent Vedic tradition. The descriptions will give you greater insights and a new look at who and what you really are as a spiritual being.
(20) Prayers, Mantras and Gayatris: A Collection for Insights, Protection, Spiritual Growth, and Many Other Blessings. The Sanskrit prayers, Gayatris mantras, and stotras or devotional songs within this volume offer many kinds of blessings, spiritual insights, protection, and the means for further self-development and spiritual advancement.
(21) Krishna Deities and Their Miracles: How the Images of Lord Krishna Interact with Their Devotees. This gives the philosophical and scriptural basis how Deities reciprocate with devotees, plus the antiquity of Deity worship in the Vedic tradition, ancient temples across India of particular interest, and old and modern stories of Deities interacting with Their devotees.
(22) Defending Vedic Dharma: Tackling the Issues to Make a Difference: This book takes on some of the most topical issues at present that many do not properly understand about Vedic culture, and explains and resolves them in a way that can help us apply Vedic culture to our lives and help others have a clearer and more positive view of what it has to offer.
(23) Advancements of Ancient India's Vedic Culture: The Planet’s Earliest Civilization and How it Influenced the World This provides a detailed description of all the ancient advancements that were developed in the ancient Vedic culture of India and the Indus or Sarasvati Civilization. Much of this is what people are forgetting, or never knew, of how superior this culture was in mathematics, medicine and surgery, ship building and maritime trade, textiles, metallurgy, writing and language, architecture, and many other areas of development, including its spiritual path of Sanatana-dharma.
(24) Spreading Vedic Traditions Through Temples: Proven Strategies That Make Them More Effective. This book covers many methods that are not merely ideas, but are already being used in practical and successful ways to help preserve, promote and spread what is the last bastion of deep spiritual truth. As more temples are built in Western countries, these strategies will become increasingly important. Using these techniques as the basis of your ideas, your temple cannot help but be successful.
(25) The Bhakti-yoga Handbook A Guide for Beginning the Essentials of Devotional Yoga. This book is a guide for anyone who wants to begin the practice of bhakti-yoga in a practical and effective way. This supplies the information, the principles, the regular activities or sadhana, and how to have the right attitude in applying ourselves to attain success on the path of bhakti-yoga, which is uniting with God through love and devotion.
(26) Lord Krishna and His Essential Teachings: If God Were to Tell You the Truth About Life, This is It. This books explains who is Lord Krishna, why He appears in this world, and His instructions about the purpose of life and what we are supposed to do here, and how to use it to make the best use of our situation. This is like the secret knowledge of life that we should all know.
NEW (27) Mysteries of the Ancient Vedic Empire: Recognizing Vedic Contributions to Other Cultures Around the World. This book takes us on a journey through history and across many countries as we point out similarities and remnants of the Vedic tradition that remain there to this day.
NEW (28) Casteism in India: Is It the Scourge of Hinduism or the Perversion of a Legitimate Vedic System Known as Varnashrama. This book is a short study of what the Vedic texts actually say about what the Vedic social arrangement is really supposed to be and the purpose of it.
NEW (29) Ancient History of Vedic Culture: The Time Line of India's Vedic Civilization as Presented by the Tradition. This books explains the traditional views as to the antiquity of Vedic society, its ancient beginnings, how the Vedic texts manifested, and how the Vedic knowledge was given to humanity and spread around the world.
NEW (30) A Complete Review of the Vedic Literature, India's Ancient Library of Spiritual Knowledge. This book shows how these many texts fit together, their divisions, the supplements, what information they contain, and their philosophical conclusions.
NEW (31) Bhakti-Yoga: The Easy Path of Devotional Yoga, This offers a systematic description of how bhakti-yoga works, the practice and philosophy of it, and how to become successful on this spiritual path.
NEW (32) The Power of the Maha-Mantra, explains by scriptural references what is so special about chanting the Hare Krishna mantra.
NEW (33) The Taj Mahal: Its Alternative History as a Vedic Temple: Available only as an Ebook, Contains several papers by noted researchers into this topic as found on this website but as a Kindle Ebook or pdf file.
BOOKS AVAILABLE AS
PAPERBACK OR DOWNLOADABLE E-BOOKS
AVAILABLE THROUGH IUNIVERSE.COM
These can be ordered through stores or online at www.iuniverse.com/bookstore, and as adobe E-books that can be downloaded onto your computer, which is especially convenient for those who are overseas.
European book orders will be shipped out of England.
Orders from bookstores or catalogs can also be placed through iUniverse by calling 1-402-323-7800 extension 501, or by emailing: email@example.com. For International orders: Call 00-1-402-323-7800. These are also available through Baker & Taylor Book Distributors and Ingram Distributors.
Click on the titles for more details on each book and ordering information.
(12) Destined for Infinity, is a highly spiritual adventure in which a Westerner embarks on a mystical quest into the Himalayas and is transported into a new and enlightening spiritual dimension. It relates a man's quest for Truth and shows his journey from a state of confusion to one of the highest levels of enlightenment and self-empowerment. It is a book that will take you to other worlds and unlimited realms. Now also available in India.
(13) Vedic Culture: The Difference It can Make in Your LIfe. This new book shows the advantages of the Vedic paths of improvement and self-discovery that you can use in your own life to attain personal spiritual awareness, happiness, and fulfillment. It also provides a new view of what these avenues have to offer from some of the most prominent writers on Vedic culture in the West, who discovered how it has affected and benefited their own lives.
(14) The Power of the Dharma: An Introduction to Hinduism and Vedic Culture. This offers a concise and easy-to-understand overview of the essential principles and customs of the Hindu tradition. It also provides many insights into the depth and value of the timeless wisdom of Vedic spirituality and reveals why the Dharmic path has survived for thousands of years.
(15) Seeing Spiritual India: A Guide to Temples, Holy Sites, Festivals and Traditions. This is especially for the pilgrim traveler who wants to get the most out of his or her spiritual adventure and experience in India. Contains information on hundreds of holy sites and towns, and many more temples. Describes how to get there, what you will find, and the places to see and the traditions, stories, and meanings connected with them, along with the benefits of visiting them.
AVAILABILITY OF BOOKS
ALL OF THESE BOOKS are available and can be ordered from us by mail (check the downloadable Order Form), or from www.Amazon.com in the United States and wherever else they are located as listed below, or through your local bookstores if they use the international "Books In Print" database rather than their inhouse database.
ADOBE READER E-BOOK EDITIONS for Stephen's books can also be ordered for reading on your computer no matter where you live, from www.lulu.com. Just do a search for Stephen Knapp on their site. To get the latest version of the free Adobe Reader to read the Ebook, use this link: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/.
KINDLE E-BOOK versions are now also available for many of Stephen's books at Amazon.com in the U.S., UK, Denmark, France, India, Spain, and other places. Check the book's page on this site for the direct links under the "Ordering Information" for those books that are available for the Kindle reader. You can also go to the following link to see all Kindle E-books that are available in the U.S.: http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Knapp/e/B001HD0914/ref=sr_tc_2_0
STEPHEN'S BOOKS IN PAPERBACK OR KINDLE
IN CANADA: http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/177-0261331-9201879?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Stephen+Knapp&x=13&y=19#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A916520%2Ck%3AStephen+Knapp&keywords=Stephen+Knapp&ie=UTF8&qid=1325211205
IN FRANCE: http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/280-6289480-2489409?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=stephen+knapp&x=15&y=19#
FOR THE NOOK E-Reader: Most of Stephen's books are also available for the www.Barnesandnoble.com Nook E-Reader. Just do a search for Stephen Knapp on their site.
FROM BOOKS-A-MILLION: Many of Stephen's Books are also available here: http://www.booksamillion.com/search?id=4953932008326&query=Stephen+Knapp&where=Books
STEPHEN'S BOOKS PUBLISHED IN INDIA
NOW ALL OF STEPHEN'S BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN INDIA ON AMAZON.IN IN BOTH PAPERBACK OR KINDLE EBOOKS, in Rupees at: http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/276-3108029-1774103?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Stephen+Knapp#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Stephen+Knapp&rh=n%3A976389031%2Ck%3AStephen+Knapp
Paperback Books published in India so far include "The Secret Teachings of the Vedas", "Vedic Culture: The Difference It Can Make in Your Life", "Destined for Infinity", "The Power of the Dharma", "The Heart of Hinduism," and "Spiritual India Handbook" (Indian title for "Seeing Spiritual India").
"The Secret Teachings of the Vedas" and "Seeing Spiritual India" (titled "Spiritual India Handbook") as well as "Avatars, Gods and Goddesses of Vedic Culture" (under the name of "Hindu Gods & Goddesses") are available through Jaico Publishing House in Mumbai, email id firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website www.jaicobooks.com, or go directly to: http://www.jaicobooks.com/j/j_searchtry.asp?selcat=author_name&keyword=Stephen+Knapp.
The Indian versions of "The Heart of Hinduism" and "The Power of the Dharma" are available through Rasbihari Lal & Sons, at Loi Bazar, Vrindaban 281121, U.P., India. Phone: 91-565-2442570. Check their website at: http://www.rasbihari.com or use this link: http://www.rasbihari.com/index.php?keyword=Stephen+Knapp&Search=Search&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse Or email: email@example.com.
You can also find the books by Stephen Knapp that are available in India through flipkart.com: http://www.flipkart.com/search-books/stephen+knapp, and also through http://books.rediff.com/book/stephen-knapp.
You can also get Stephen's books that are available in India and in the United States at: http://www.infibeam.com/Books/search?q=Stephen Knapp.
What's New on This Site
Krishna--The Ever-Loving God explains how Lord Krishna has an ever-loving nature and reciprocates with His devotees based on the depth of their love for Him.
Krishna's Eternal Spiritual Abode--Our Ultimate Goal explains briefly what Krishna's spiritual abode is like, which is our ultimate goal and eternal home.
The Beauty of Lord Krishna explains the beautiful characteristics and traits that Krishna has, as well as how all beauty originates from Him.
Mantra-Yoga: A Necessity for this Age explains how mantras work and how using them is the easiest process for spiritual realization in this age, and which mantras are the best to use.
How to Understand God explains the basic process which will qualify us for understanding God.
Strong Hindu Families for Strong Hindu Youth explains how a family that is strong in their Hindu practice will help produce youth who are also strong in their Hindu identity.
How Lord Krishna is the Source of all Avatars: The Expansion of the Supreme explains by Vedic evidence how Lord Krishna is the source of all other avatars or incarnations of God.
Adding Innovation, Wisdom and Holistic Human Development to Our Universities This article shows how it is beneficial when students in pre-school, or even in school and universities, include studies in the Dharmic traditions for reaching the higher potential in human development.
United Hindu Identity United Hindu Cooperation, explains the need and benefits for Hindus to cooperate together which becomes easy when based on a united Hindu identity.
Kurukshetra: A Short Visitor's Guide to the Holy Town, describes the many places to see that are associated with Lord Krishna, or the Bhagavad-gita which was spoken by Lord Krishna, or incidents in the Mahabharata.
Bhagavad-gita's Ultimate Purpose shows what is the ultimate goal that Lord Krishna emphasizes in the recurring theme that appears several times throughout the Gita. This is the essential conclusion of all Vedanta.
The Ramayana on the Need for a Proper Leader shows how the ancient Vedic literature is still relevant today, in this case by showing the symptoms that we see so much of today when there is no leader, or no qualified leader. It then also shows the ways that a king or leader of a land should act in order to protect the citizens and provide the means for them to live peacefully and reach the real goal of life.
Ganesh describes he characteristics and the symbolism of Lord Ganesh and why we worship Him.
Lord Krishna Descends to Reestablish Vedic Culture explains why Lord Krishna descends into this world, His main purpose, and how after Vedic dharma had disappeared from the face of the earth, He came to reestablish it, all of which is explained in the Vedic texts and Bhagavad-gita.
THE LATEST VIDEOS BY STEPHEN KNAPP
To see all of the videos available by Stephen Knapp
You can go straight to his youtube channel through the link below:
This Site is Updated Regularly, so be Sure to Visit Often
These free e-booklets are meant not only for reading here online, but you can also download and read them on your own computer, or share them and email them to others, as is the case with most of the articles on this site. This way we can spread free spiritual knowledge throughout the internet, especially to those who may need a better understanding of Vedic culture. All of these are now available as Microsoft Word or Adobe .pdf files and can be emailed to you upon your request so you can format them to your own preferences to be printed and distributed to others as you wish.
(34) Why Be a Hindu: The Advantages of the Vedic Path, a free and simple "e-book" for easy reading on the web or distribution through email for providing and promoting a better understanding of the Vedic process. This points out 28 simple yet thought-provoking distinctions that are worth considering, and from which anyone can benefit. Click on the title for immediate access. (23 pages)
This is also now available as Kindle E-book for $2.99 at: http://www.amazon.com/Why-Be-Hindu-Advantages-ebook/dp/B007PM2IEM/ref=sr_1_43?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333040061&sr=1-43 and at all other international Amazon.com outlets as the following:
(35) Vedic Culture / Hinduism: A Short Introduction, this shows that Vedic philosophy is not as complex as some people think. It briefly explains the major points of Vedic philosophy and Hinduism, how it started, what are the basic beliefs and goals that we are all looking for, what are the Vedic texts, the main spiritual concepts and processes, and some of the traits and characteristics of the practice and meanings of them. (30 pages)
(36) Basic Points About Vedic Culture / Hinduism: A Short Introduction - Part 2, This booklet goes a little deeper than the previous booklet, and is designed to give succinct and easy answers to a wide assortment of common questions about the Vedic philosophy, tradition, customs, symbols, Dharma, worship, etc. This is to help show that everything in the Vedic tradition has a purpose and a logical explanation, if we only know what it is. It is time to again awaken to the reasons for the traditions that have been followed for thousands of years, and this booklet will help do that. (40 pages)
(37) Thirty-one Days to Salvation on the Vedic Path. This "e-booklet" takes 108 of the most essential verses from the Bhagavad-gita and clearly shows how easy and simple this path can be. By taking one lesson a day and adding the recommended principles and characteristics to your life, by the end of 31 days you will have most everything you need to reach salvation, or moksha as it is called in Sanskrit, which means liberation from material existence through enlightenment. This booklet is meant for free distribution for the advancement of Sanatana-dharma, the eternal and universal spiritual path meant for everyone. (28 pages)
This is now available as a Kindle E-book for $2.99 at: http://www.amazon.com/Thirty-one-Days-Salvation-Vedic-ebook/dp/B007PLVNP8/ref=sr_1_42?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333040248&sr=1-42 and at all other international Amazon.com outlets, as the following:
(38) Meditation: A Short Course to Higher Consciousness. This "e-book" provides an essential description of the process of meditation, from its basic purpose to the preparations and techniques, asanas, pranayama exercises, the use of mantras, the meaning of OM and the Mahamantra, and the means for enlightenment and ultimate liberation. It also gives information about which processes are most recommended, and gives the average person a quick understanding on how to begin and what to expect, and how to get the most out of it. (38 pages)
(39) Yoga and How To Get Started. This ebook explains what is yoga and its benefits. It then explains how to start a yoga program, and provides instructions for eighteen asanas that you can do to begin a routine. It also describes the systems of karma-yoga, jnana-yoga, raja-yoga, bhakti-yoga, kundalini-yoga and others and how they work so you can pursue the path best for you for additional spiritual benefits. This can be used with the "Meditation" ebook for a practical guide on yoga and meditation. (30 Pages)
(40) Sri Krishna is an "ebooklet" that explains the nature of Lord Krishna, who He is, some of His activities, His beauty, and some of the nature of the spiritual world, which is our real home. This article is extensively referenced from Vedic texts and is essential for any readers new to this topic of Vedic spiritual science. Several rare paintings of Krishna are also included. (28 pages)
(41) Shiva and Durga: Their Real Identity. This "e-booklet" explains who Shiva and Durga are, the meaning of their symbols, how Krishna devotees are dear to Shiva and Shiva is dear to them, Lord Shiva's position and purpose, what is Shaivism, the Shivaratri festival, the Shaktas and Tantrism, the Tantras, how Shiva and Durga are considered the Mother and Father of the universe, how Lord Shiva appeared in the world, how he assists in the universal destruction, the Shiva-lingam, and Lord Shiva's ultimate spiritual advice. (28 pages)
(42) Manifestation of Souls and Where They Go. This "e-booklet" provides the details of how the individual souls are manifested from God, how they evolve through the material existence, and how they can be liberated from it by reaching the ultimate destination. This shows how we are all the same and all related because we all have the same beginning. (21-pages)
(43) Death of the Aryan Invasion Theory. This booklet discusses and presents evidence of the real origins of the Aryans and Vedic civilization, and why the theory of an invasion of Aryans, a so-called tribe of Caucasian people from the north, was developed to denigrate the real culture of India. It establishes how there never was an Aryan invasion, how the Vedic texts present no evidence of such happening, how the Vedic Aryans were indigenous to India, and how the Vedic influence spread from India throughout the world. (23 pages)
NEW (44) The Aryan Invasion Theory: The Final Nail in its Coffin The Theory that the Vedic Aryans were a tribe from the north that invaded the area of India and established the Vedic civilization is rapidly falling into discredit, but it still exists in many school books and carries some influence in certain areas. This puts together the information on how and why Max Muller started the theory, the damage it has done, objections to it and lack of evidence for it, the misleading dates for it, the Sarasvati River in the Rig Veda and proof of its existence and its demise, deciphering the Indus seals, how genetics show an east to west movement, all of which proves there never was any Aryan Invasion. (25 pages)
This is also now available as a Amazon.com Kindle Ebook for $2.99 at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEIHF2Y and at all Amazon.com international outlets, such as:
(45) The Tulasi-Devi Handbook: Guidelines and Instructions on the Importance, Care and Worship of the Tulasi Tree. This is a compilation to help anyone successfully grow the Tulasi tree, consisting of: 1. Quotes From Srila Prabhupada, 2. Prayers and Mantras for Tulasi, 3. How to Offer Tulasi Devi Worship (Puja), 4. Tulasi Devi: The Importance of the Sacred Tree, 5. The Marriage of Tulasi and the Significance of Shalagrama-shilas, 6. How to Care for Tulasi, 7. Caring for Tulasi Devi From Seedlings, and 8. Picture Pages that illustrate some of the instructions on caring for the Tulasi tree. Also available as a pdf file for easy use and reading.
Along with the above booklet, we also have "Growing Organic Tulasi Indoors" by Bhakta Patrick who gives a thorough and updated explanation of how to grow the sacred Tulasi Tree in an organic environment. This can provide more advice on what to do, including: Basic Plant Anatomy, Organic vs. Inorganic, Obtaining a Tulasi Plant, Caring for Young Seedlings, Soil, Watering, Lights, Nutrients, Pests, Collecting Leaves, Transplanting, Supplies List, and more.
Defending Dharma: Handling the Christian Challenges. This booklet provides the means for standing up to defend Sanatana-dharma especially against the arguments that Christians use most often to criticize and demean the Vedic tradition, or discourage others from being Hindus or followers of Sanatana-dharma. Herein you can find the means to help yourself and others defend Dharma by using logic and common sense, and the counter arguments that can be used against the criticisms from those who simply do not understand it, especially Christians. This also helps you recognize the lapses in logic (known as "philosophical fallacies") in their own arguments. Thus, everyone should awaken to the realities of what Christianity has done to decent humans in the past, and how their conversion tactics are still performed with the mission of Christianizing the world. (33 pages)
These are made to assist you in distributing knowledge of the uplifting aspects of Vedic culture, and for answering common questions to help others get a better understanding of what it is. These are already formatted and ready to print for easy distribution. These are especially designed to be concise and succinct explanations of what are complex topics to fit in the space of a brochure. There is also space to include your own contact information. These are in Word files for ease of flexibility and not on the website. Email your request to me at Srinandan@aol.com for the brochures you want to have emailed back to you. Pick the ones you want. A few of them are available as short articles to give you an idea of the content. Click on the underlined titles that follow. So far these include:
1. Karma: What Is It? 2. Reincarnation: A Simple Explanation, 3. Vedic Description of the Soul, 4. Why Be Vegetarian, 5. Vedic Culture: As Relevant Today As Ever, 6. Who Is Krishna? 7. The Significance of Deities and Deity Worship, 8. Prasada: The Power of Sacred Food, 9. What is the Hare Krishna Movement, 10. Who is Srila Prabhupada, 11. Welcome to Our Krishna Temple, 12. On Chanting Hare Krishna (by Srila Prabhupada), 13. The Peace Formula (by Srila Prabhupada).
What Else You will Find On this Site
Articles to Read provides many samples of Stephen's writings and information on a wide range of interesting topics. There is something for everyone. They are all listed alphabetically on the "Articles to Read" page with short descriptions of each. A list of articles and quick links to most of them is provided on the left. These include excerpts from Stephen's books as well as introductions to the many answers to questions about life that the Eastern and Vedic philosophy contain. They are offered in two parts: PART ONE provides a diverse selection for both beginners and advanced on numerous aspects of Vedic understanding, and PART TWO includes items that focus on particular issues dealing more specifically with Hinduism and India.
Links List of Articles
|About the Name "Hindu"|
|About Vedic Prophecies|
|Absolute Truth: What or Who is It|
A brief biography of
|A Call to be Vedic Ambassadors|
|An Alien's View of Life on Earth|
|A Look at India From the Views of Other Scholars|
|A New Species of Humanity|
|Another Creation Theory Bites the Dust|
|Antiquity of Deity Worship in the Vedic Tradition|
|A Reason Why I Am Determined to Spread Spiritual Knowledge|
|Avataras of God|
|Becoming a Hindu or Devotee is Easy|
|Becoming Free from Sex Desire|
|Bhagavad-gita's Ultimate Purpose|
|Bible Teaches Chanting God's Names|
|Biographies of Vaishnava Saints and Sages|
|The Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya Disciplic Succession and Its Unique Characteristics|
|Buddhism and Its Vedic Connections|
|Can Vedic Dharma Bring Peace to the World?|
|Choosing a Spiritual or Material Lifestyle, or a Balance of Both|
|Christianity and the Vedic Teachings Within It|
|Christianity's Similarities With Hinduism|
|Consciousness: The Symptom of the Soul|
|Curing Depression With Spirituality|
|Darshan and the Significance of Deity Worship|
|Dealing With the Loss of One's Spiritual Master|
|Descriptions of the Spiritual World|
|Dispelling the Fear of Death|
|Divya Desams of Lord Vishnu|
|Do All Christians Go to Heaven?|
|Economics According to the Vedic Way|
|Ekadasi: The Appearance and Purpose of This Special Day|
|Environmentalism According to the Vedic View|
|Finding Our Real Spiritual Identity|
|Frequencies that can Kill, Heal, and Transcend|
|Giving Vedic Culture to the Next Generation|
|God is Both Personal (Bhagavan) and Impersonal (Brahman)|
A Quick Guide
|Gotras: A Simple Explanation|
|Great Indians who did Great Things|
|Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, What's so Special About Chanting Hare Krishna?|
|Hinduism Predates Christianity: The Archeological Proof|
|Hindus, Dharmists, Devotees and Politics|
|How I Started Writing (And What Became of It)|
|How Lord Krishna is the Source of all Avatars: The Expansion of the Supreme|
|How the Essence of Religion Came From Vedic Culture|
|How the Sciences Faded From India|
|How to Spiritualize Your Busy Life and Why|
|How to Understand God|
|How We can See God|
|Importance of Bhagavad-gita in This Day and Age|
|Importance of the Cow in Vedic Culture|
|Indian Contributions to American and Global Progress|
|India's Ancient and Great Maritime History|
|Inner Meanings of Lord Krishna's Pastimes|
|Jesus Predicted in the Vedic Literature?|
|Jesus Taught Bhakti-yoga|
|Kalki: The Next Avatar of God and the End of Kali-yuga|
|Karma of the Nation|
|Karma: What Is It?|
|Krishna's Eternal Spiritual Abode--Our Ultimate Goal|
|Krishna--The Ever-Loving God|
|Kurukshetra: A Short Visitor's Guide to the Holy Town|
|Lakshmi, The Goddess of Fortune|
|Lord Balarama: Who is He|
|Lord Krishna Descends to Reestablish Vedic Culture|
|Lord Rama: Fact or Fiction|
|Mayavada-sata-dusani by Srila Madhvacarya|
|Mantra-Yoga: A Necessity for this Age|
|Mohammed: Is He Really Predicted in the Bhavishya Purana?|
|Moksha / Liberation: What is It?|
|My Northeast India Mission of 2003-4|
|Nityananda Prabhu: Who is He|
|Nonviolence According to Dharma|
|108: The Significance of the Number|
The Dangers in
|Our Real Identity, Our Real Motivation|
|Politics and Leadership in the Vedic Way|
|Prasada: The Power of Sacred Food|
|Preaching in India's Northeast for Cultural Preservation|
|Preparing for Your Trip to India|
|Purpose and Function of the Government According to Mahabharata|
|Purpose of Defending Dharma|
|Ramayana Sites in Sri Lanka|
|Radha Kund: The Holy Place of Srimati Radharani|
|Ratha-Yatra Festival at Jagannatha Puri|
|Reaching Our Fullest Potential with Vedic Spirituality|
|Reaching the Ecstasy Within Devotional Yoga|
|Reestablishing the Date of Lord Buddha|
|Reincarnation: A Simple Explanation|
|Religious Unity: Why There Could Be a One World Religion|
|Sanatana-Dharma / Hinduism in a Nutshell|
|Sanatana-dharma: Its Real Meaning|
|Sanskrit: Its Importance to Language|
|Sarasvati, The Goddess of Learning|
|Scholars Who Believe in the False History of India are a Dying Breed|
|Seeing Beyond the Illusion|
|Seeing the Divinity in Everyone|
|Shiva-Lingam: What is It|
|Spiritual Enlightenment: A Cure for Social Ills|
|Spiritual Enlightenment: What Is It|
|Spirituality Beyond Religion: The Concept and the Conference|
|Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura: The Lion Guru|
|Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura and His Great Accomplishments|
|Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu|
|Staying Free of Kali-yuga's Dark Influence|
|Story of the Appearance of Lord Krishna|
|Surya Namaskar: A Great Exercise Routine|
|Swastika: Its Real Meaning|
|The Beauty of Lord Krishna|
|The Dangers of Meat|
|The Disappearance of the Ganges|
|The Four Sampradayas|
|The Golden Rule is in Every Religion|
|The Greatness of Ancient India's Developments|
|The Material Creation is Proof of God's Existence|
|The Meaning of "God is Love"|
|The Out of Africa Theory Verses the Vedic View|
|The Prison of Religion and the Freedom in Vedic Culture|
|The Proto-Indo-European Language|
|The Purpose of Life|
|The Purpose of Ritual Worship|
|The Ramayana on the Need for a Proper Leader|
|The Ramayana Summarized|
|There is No Failure in Spiritual Life|
|The Secret of Bhakti-yoga|
|Tilak: Why Wear It|
|Time Line of Lord Krishna|
|Timings of the Four Yugas|
|The Traditional Source of Vedic Literature|
|Tulasi Devi: The Sacred Tree|
|UFO's and Vimanas|
|Uncovering the Truth about India's History|
|Universal Brotherhood Includes the Animals|
|Using Proper Vocabulary to Describe Vedic Concepts|
|Vastu Shastra: An Introduction|
|Vedas Say They MUST Be Shared with Everyone|
|Vedic Culture: As Relevant Today As Ever|
|Vedic Culture is the Parent of Humanity|
|Vedic Culture: The Last Bastion of Deep Spiritual Truth|
|Vedic Description of the Soul|
|Vegetarianism: Beef Can Kill You|
|Vegetarianism: Quotes from Noteworthy People|
|Vegetarianism: Recommended in Vedic Scripture|
|Vegetarianism Supported in the Bible|
|Visiting the Grave of Jesus in Srinagar, Kashmir|
|Vrindavana: The Holy Land of Lord Krishna|
|Were There Two Buddhas?|
|What is the Vedic Aryan Culture|
|What is Vedic Literature|
|When Religions Create Divisions and How to Avoid It|
|Whole World is One Family|
|Why Be Vegetarian|
|Why I Became a Hindu / a Krishna Bhakta|
|Why is There Suffering?|
|Why Study the Vedic Path|
|Why Understand the Creation of the Universe|
|Women in Vedic Culture|
|World Peace is a Possibility|
|Yantras: What is Their Purpose|
|Yoga and Meditation: Their Origins and Real Purpose|
|Your Thoughts Create Your Future|
Articles: Part Two
|Adding Innovation, Wisdom and Holistic Human Development to Our Universities|
|The Basis of the Hindu Identity and Cause for Unity|
|Becoming a Dharmic Leader|
|American Hindus: How to Cultivate Your Culture in America|
|Hindus Must Unite or Face Extinction|
|The Power of a United Hindu Community|
|Giving Inspiration: The Primary Mission of the Vedic Temples|
|Creating a Spiritual Revolution in India For Protecting India’s Vedic Heritage|
|The Threat Against Hindu Temples and Vedic Culture in India|
|The War Against Hinduism|
|Speaking Out Against Prejudice Toward Hinduism and India|
|Why All Religions Are Not the Same|
|The Aryan Invasion: History or Politics|
|Solid Evidence Debunking Aryan Invasion|
|Christian Persecution in India: The Real Story|
|Are the Hindus Destined to Become an Extinct Race?|
|Hindu Apathy, the Real Enemy, Exploited by World Religions|
|Hindus Must Stand Strong for Dharma|
|Strong Hindu Families for Strong Hindu Youth|
|Without Promotion Vedic Culture Cannot be Protected|
|A Cure for the Corruption in India|
|Time to Plan the Survival of Vedic Culture|
|Vedic Temples: Making Them More Effective|
|Vedic Temples as Centers of Sacred Knowledge|
|Kashmir: My Experience in Srinagar|
|The Truth on Kashmir and Terrorism in India|
|An Action Plan for the Survival of Vedic Culture|
|Save Your Culture|
|Preservation, Protection, Promotion and Perpetuation of Vedic Culture|
|Casteism: Is It the Scourge of Hinduism, or the Perversion of a Legitimate Vedic System?|
|Vedic Literature Says Caste by Birth is Unjust|
|Opening Vedic Temples to Everyone|
|Thirteen Years of Killings in Tripura|
|Mahatma Gandhi on Conversion|
|The Real History of India|
|Map of India|
The World Relief Network publishes most of Stephen's books and are located at: P. O. Box 15082, Detroit, Michigan 48215--0082 U.S.A. Further information about them and what their mission is also provided through this link.
Write to Us with your questions or thoughts. Also send us an email to:
JOIN STEPHEN'S NEWS LIST to keep informed of his future publications of books, articles and activities, as well as occasional but most interesting updates in news and views on spiritual development, Sanatana-dharma, the preservation and protection of Vedic culture, developments in spiritual organizations and communities, or other behind-the-scenes items outside the mainstream news coverage to see what is really going on, and sometimes articles by other noteworthy writers that are not on the website.
Book Reviews allows you to check what others have said about his books. Stephen has put the culmination of over thirty years of continuous research and travel experience into his books in an effort to share it with those who are also looking for higher levels of spiritual understanding. Many people and seekers of spiritual truth have appreciated the important insights they have received from his books. More information about Stephen is provided below.
Reviews about this Website offers thoughts and appreciations of others who have visited this site.
Seeing Spiritual India provides an introduction to traveling to the holy places of India with links to a large selection of color photos taken by Stephen. This provides many interesting and beautiful views of the country, holy sites, major festivals, and its people. This is also listed as one of the "Articles." Anyone who loves traveling or who wants to see more of India will like this. Many other black & white photographs and information about how to travel to the holy sites in India can be found in his books.
Thousands more of Stephen's amazing journalistic photographs can also viewed on Picasa Web albums at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104828920627024026280 under the name of Jim Martin
https://picasaweb.google.com/101334555585436300096/ under the name of Sri Nanda Baba.
The Kumbha Mela 2001 relates background information and Stephen's personal experience of this incredible and huge festival. It is the largest spiritual gathering of people in the history of the world, with over 70 million people attending from all over. It also saw an amazing increase in Westerners, even famous movie stars, curious to see what the Mela is all about. Why is this festival so unique? Why does it attract so many people? What are its benefits? And what happens at this festival? You can find out the answers through the fascinating articles and photographs that are listed.
VIDEOS: Introductory and Travel, by Stephen Knapp. These offer introductions into various topics and traditions of Vedic culture in videos for those who prefer to view either lectures, events, customs through videos. There are also a number of travel videos to places Stephen has visited which show some of the holy places through moving video. Check out the page to see what topics and holy places or festivals are offered.
The Krishna Darshan Art Gallery offers a wide collection of numerous images, including a selection of photographs of lovely Krishna Deities from around the world, some of which are rare, along with a variety of beautiful paintings and prints of Krishna pastimes, many of which can also be used for your home altar. This provides views into the spiritual world and helps our meditation and devotion. Access to additional prints of Vishnu, Lakshmi, Ramachandra, Hanuman, Shiva, Ganesh, and others are also available here.
The Prabhupada Photo Gallery is also accessed through the Krishna Darshan Art Gallery or simply by clicking this link. It contains over 140 never before published photographs of His Divine Grace Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada in three collections, showing Prabhupada in a variety of settings and places.
Was the Taj Mahal a Vedic Temple? The Photographic Evidence This is a special page that presents two collections of photographs: one that belonged to the Archaeology Survey of India and another private collection, both of which show the Vedic influence in the Taj Mahal and other buildings that lead to the idea that they were originally Vedic temples and palaces. It also presents the Vedic influence in old drawings and art from elsewhere in the world. Even if you do not accept all of this information, it makes for an extremely fascinating story. Other articles are also available through this page that provide additional evidence.
Directories of Temples, Ashramas and Spiritual Organizations from around the world are now provided in response to people who have inquired about where there might be temples or centers near them. Such places are where they can continue their study or associate with similarly interested people. And if you can't find anyone near you, you can always write to Stephen, so Stay in Touch.
Vegetarian Recipes and Resources is a page that provides all you need to get started or expand your ability to be vegetarian or assist others in becoming one, and the reasons for it. You get access to a large selection of great vegetarian recipes, cookbooks you can print and use now, and over 65 links to additional cookbooks and recipes, supplies, meat and egg substitutes, leather-free shoes & clothing, vegetarian restaurant directories, and information on being a vegetarian, including the health, environmental and spiritual benefits.
A Little Book of Prayers, Mantras & Gayatris A great source of nectar, this offers a variety of powerful prayers, such as for giving thanks, asking for protection, seeking higher levels of guidance, or our need for acquiring deeper feelings of love for God. Divided into 21 sections, these prayers also offer profound insights or windows into the spiritual dimension, and are thus great vehicles for our meditation on the Absolute Truth and the spiritual world. Some of what is included are Prayers to Radha and Krishna, the Brahma-samhita, Purusha Suktam, Sri Suktam, Isha Upanishad, Nrisimha Kavacha, the Sri Vishnu Sahasranam, and many other mantras, gayatris and songs to the Supreme, His incarnations, to Goddess Lakshmi, and others like Shiva and Devi and the demigods, and to the planets for assistance. Also has the words to all the standard songs used in the programs of most Hare Krishna temples.
Recent Archeological Finds Confirming Vedic History is a project in which we list some of the most noteworthy archeological finds of the past few years that confirm the Vedic descriptions of world history. Other pages include new developments or research on the Sarasvati River, the findings and history of Ayodhya and the temple of Lord Rama, and photos of Adam's Bridge, the ancient link between Ramesvaram and Sri Lanka. We will continue to update this information as new discoveries are found, or as additional news is sent in to us.
Links to other websites lists over 300 sites for more helpful information and news about India and its Vedic culture, yoga, spiritual groups, temples, current events and issues, sites for children, government related sites, organizations, or access to other spiritual books and resources for enhancing your spiritual adventure and progress, and research, plus links for travel information, Indian groceries, and much more.
Jokes and Anecdotes OK, so most of this web site contains material of a serious nature. So now let us lighten things up a bit with some laughter. Sometimes this world just does not present enough opportunity for humor, so you have to make it when you can.
How You Can Help shows the ways in which you can assist in Stephen's work of preserving, protecting and promoting the genuine spirituality as found in the Vedic tradition. So if you have liked and appreciated what you see in this website, and want to help in how we can keep this work going, here are some things you can do.
Please spend some time here and be sure to mark this website for future reference and assistance. We will be adding more information and resources on a regular basis. It is our pleasure to serve you in this way. This is why we are here.
Stephen has dedicated himself to spreading the deepest and most practical levels of spiritual knowledge about the soul--our real identity. It is his strongest realization that our existence on this earthly plane becomes much easier and more vibrant the more we expand our spiritual awareness to perceive the higher dimensions and purpose of things around us.
Though this world may give us numerous challenges, when we rise above the basic materialistic view and its limited search for solutions, our evolutionary development on all levels greatly accelerates. By recognizing that we are all spiritual beings who are, basically, attempting to achieve the same essentials for our existence--namely love, acceptance, harmony, peace, and happiness, not to mention the ordinary needs of food, water, clothing and shelter--we can reach a new level of cooperation with each other. Then everything can be much easier for everyone. It is Stephen's conviction that this can be attained by the distribution of genuine spiritual knowledge. This is one of Stephen's purposes in what he does.
It is through this means that we can discover who we are and get a better understanding of what is our position in this universe and our relationship with God. Fortunately, many of the answers to the numerous questions in this regard have already been given, as seen in the ancient spiritual texts of the East. These have provided not only the insights but also the timeless methods for our continued spiritual development. Stephen has studied these numerous ancient texts and practiced the methods prescribed therein for over 40 years. He is now presenting this enlightening information in a much needed, concise, and easy to read format.
Stephen Knapp grew up in a Christian family, during which time he seriously studied the Bible to understand its teachings. In his late teenage years, however, he sought answers to questions not easily explained in Christian theology. So, he began to search through other religions and philosophies from around the world and started to find the answers for which he was looking. He also studied a variety of occult sciences, ancient mythology, mysticism, yoga, and the spiritual teachings of the East. Finally, after his first reading of the Bhagavad-gita, the classic summary of Vedic philosophy known as The Song of God, he felt he had found the last piece of the puzzle he had been putting together through all of his research. This increased his understanding of everything else he had been studying. Therefore, he continued to research all of the major Vedic texts of India to gain a better understanding of the Vedic science, until he became a full-fledged follower and practitioner of Sanatana-dharma. Now he also tirelessly works to protect, preserve and promote the deep spiritual knowledge of Vedic philosophy and its traditions. An introduction to his research, writing and projects can be found at his website: www.stephen-knapp.com. or http://stephenknapp.info.
It is known amongst all Eastern mystics that anyone, regardless of qualifications, academic or otherwise, who does not engage in the spiritual practices described in the Vedic texts, cannot actually enter into understanding the depths of the Vedic spiritual science, nor acquire the realizations that should accompany it. So, rather than pursuing his research in an academic atmosphere at a university, Stephen directly engaged in the spiritual disciplines that have been recommended for hundreds of years. He continued his study of Vedic knowledge and spiritual practice under the guidance of a spiritual master, His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Through this process he was given the spiritual name of Sri Nandanandana dasa and became initiated into the genuine and authorized spiritual line of the Brahma-Madhava-Gaudiya sampradaya. This is a disciplic succession that descends back through Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sri Vyasadeva, the compiler of Vedic literature, and further back to Lord Sri Krishna, who originally enlightened Lord Brahma to help in the universal creation, and who again appeared on this planet 5,000 years ago in Mathura, India to display His pastimes.
Besides being brahminically initiated and being trained in temple pujas, Stephen has also been to India numerous times and traveled extensively throughout the country, visiting almost every state of India and most of the major holy places and temples, and many minor ones, and gaining a wide variety of spiritual experiences that only such places can give. His knowledge of India and familiarity with traveling in such a diverse country has made him an advisor for those who would like information concerning their own journeys to India. Stephen is also a free-lance photographer and does what he calls cultural photojournalism, capturing the essence of India and spiritual life in practice, which can help explain and show the depth of the culture, and has put together a collection of over 18,000 slides of various places, festivals, and the people of India. He enjoys giving slide shows on the holy places, and mixing photos with philosophy. You can see samples of his photography on this website.
Stephen continues to travel to India on a regular basis, giving lectures on the benefits and glories of the Vedic tradition. His life is dedicated to spreading the eternal knowledge of the soul, Sanatana-dharma, and highlighting the Vedic teachings to help everyone get a better understanding of themselves and bring everyone closer to God. He has especially focused on the sadhana of bhakti-yoga and mantra-yoga to purify the mind and consciousness, and awake one's love for the Supreme Being.
Stephen is also the founder of the World Relief Network. Its goal is to help relieve the sorrow, suffering and confusion on the planet by the dissemination of genuine spiritual knowledge and the means for individual and social enlightenment, and to work with others who feel the same. Many of his books are published through the World Relief Network.
Stephen has written numerous books on various aspects of the spiritual tradition of India, including:
1. "The Secret Teachings of the Vedas,"
2. "The Universal Path to Enlightenment,"
3. "The Vedic Prophecies: A New Look into the Future," and
4. "How the Universe was Created and Our Purpose In It,"
5. "Toward World Peace: Seeing the Unity Between Us All,"
6. "The Key to Real Happiness,"
7. "Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence,"
8. "Facing Death: Welcoming the Afterlife,"
9. "Reincarnation and Karma: How They Really Affect Us",
10. "The Heart of Hinduism: The Eastern Path to Freedom, Empowerment and Illumination,"
11. "The Power of the Dharma: An Introduction to Hinduism and Vedic Culture,"
12. "The Eleventh Commandment: the Next Step for Social Spiritual Development,"
13. "Seeing Spiritual India" A Guide to Temples, Holy Sites, Festivals and Traditions,"
14. "Crimes Against India: And the Need to Protect its Ancient Vedic Traditions,"
15. "Destined for Infinity," a spiritual adventure into the heart of the vision of the sages,
16. "Yoga and Meditation: Their Real Purpose and How to Get Started,"
17. "Avatars, Gods and Goddesses of Vedic Culture: Understanding the Characteristics, Powers and Positions of the Hindu Divinities,"
18. "The Soul: Understanding Our Real Identity,"
19. "Vedic Culture: The Difference it can Make in Your Life," Editor with many notable authors,
20. "Prayers, Mantras and Gayatris: A Collection for Insights, Protection, Spiritual Growth, and Many Other Blessings,"
21. "Krishna Deities and Their Miracles: How the Images of Lord Krishna Interact with Their Devotees,"
22. "Defending Vedic Dharma: Tackling the Issues to Make a Difference,"
23. "Advancements of Ancient India's Vedic Culture,"
24. "Spreading Vedic Traditions Through Temples,"
25. "The Bhakti-yoga handbook,"
26. "Lord Krishna and His Essential Teachings,"
27. "Mysteries of the Ancient Vedic Empire,"
28. "Casteism in India,"
29. "Ancient History of Vedic Culture,"
30. "A Complete Review of the Vedic Literature,"
31. "Bhakti-Yoga: The Easy Path of Devotional Yoga," along with additional booklets on his website.
Stephen has put the culmination of over forty years of continuous research, sadhana practice and travel experience into his books in an effort to share it with those who are also looking for higher levels of spiritual understanding. Full descriptions of all of his books, plus numerous articles he has written, and many more resources can be found here on his website. More books are forthcoming, so check back to his website for any new developments.
Stephen also worked in home health care for a few years and has experience in assisting with those who are departing from this world through the dying process. He has also counseled people in their loss of friends and relatives to help them understand that death is not a tragedy but only a process that can help us reach our destiny. With his insights and philosophical background, he has the qualifications and understanding to provide a most unique and uplifting view of the natural transition called death and how it can be used for our benefit. For this reason he has written his book, "Facing Death: Welcoming the Afterlife" to help others understand how to cope with death.
Stephen continues to travel to India on a regular basis, and gives lectures on the benefits and glories of the Vedic tradition. He was a lecturer at the Global Dharma Conference in Edison, New Jersey in 2003, and has given lectures for other Vedic or Hindu student college organizations, as well as at HSS camps, VHPA camps, the Hindu Mandir Executive Conferences, the WAVES conference in Houston in 2006 & 2011, Hindu Heritage Day in Cincinnati in October of 2005, and in temples or personal home gatherings and Gita groups. He was also one of the lecturers at the 17th Telegu Association of North America conference in 2009, for which he received an award for "Significant Contributions to Spirituality and Hinduism," and also gave the keynote lecture at the Hindu Unity Day Festival in New York in July, 2011.
He has also traveled on lecture tours through Northeast India a few times to enthuse people to follow their indigenous traditions, as organized by the Vivekananda Kendra and the Kalyan Ashrama (articles describing them are on his website). He has also been very well received on lecture tours that he has gone on through Central India to give talks at schools and colleges, as well as intellectual groups such as branches of the Bharatiya Prajna about the profound nature of Vedic culture. He has also spoken by invitation in front of 25,000 people at Madison Square Garden in New York City at a gathering of the Swadyaya Movement in 2004, and at numerous other events. He also completed a lecture tour of India in 2009 in which he gave more than 90 lectures at more than 76 different colleges, universities and institutions through Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Coimbatore, and Goa, reaching over 10,000 students and personnel. [For a list of some of the institutions covered, please see his CV, accessible through the link below.]
He continues to speak on television and radio shows, and give presentations at conferences where invited. Those who are interested can contact him for scheduling arrangements. He also enjoys showing selections from the more than 18,000 slides that he has of his travels throughout India and the many historical and spiritual sites in India and Nepal, or the amazing festivals he has attended, such as the Kumbha Mela or the Ratha Yatra in Jagannatha Puri.
For a Complete CV of Stephen Knapp, CLICK HERE.
For A Few Letters of Appreciation for Lectures Given, CLICK HERE.
For Photos of Stephen While Lecturing CLICK HERE.
Stephen is shown below during his travels at one of the five small stone temples called the Five Rathas at Mahabalipuram, now known as Mamallapuram, in Southern India.
Stephen speaking at the Hindu Unity Day Festival at the Hindu Temple in Flushing, New York.
Below: Stephen is shown in traditional Indian clothes of dhoti and kurta, standing on the stairway that leads up to the ancient Narasimha temple in Melkote, South India. The Narasimha Deity there is said to have been installed by Lord Narasimha's most elevated devotee, Prahlada Maharaja himself. A photo of this Deity can be viewed HERE.
Stephen visiting the temples in Bangkok, Thailand.
We hope that this site and the information and books found here can be or have been of help to you. Check back since we are always adding new items to this site. Thank you for any support or encouragement. Helping people on their spiritual path is why we are here.